You know you should be blogging for your business but you feel overwhelmed by the challenge of creating content on a consistent basis. You’ve started a blog for your company and have posted new content on occasion, but haven’t kept to a regular blogging schedule as of late. Rather than let heart palpitations and fear of failing derail your business blog efforts, consider upping your game by integrating simple content creation tips into your audience outreach efforts.
Here are five simple ways you can create a better business blog and improve your company’s search engine rankings while doing so:
- Be creative when titling your blog posts. Perform a Google search for your proposed title to see if your title is already in use. A growing number of web searchers are using voice search (Siri, Alexa, Google Voice, etc.); consider creating titles with voice queries in mind.
- Have a readily accessible tool for capturing blogging ideas. Whether you dictate ideas into your phone, keep a notepad and pen handy, or send yourself emails, it is imperative to track content creation ideas. Don’t assume you will remember ideas; busy bloggers can be forgetful bloggers.
- While reading blogs in your niche can help inspire blog post ideas, don’t just rely on written content for inspiration. Scour Instagram, peruse Pinterest, or listen to podcasts for content ideas. Make it part of your daily life to look for content inspiration; from trips to the grocery store to sitting in traffic, you never know when a light-bulb moment will strike.
- Don’t go overboard when creating header images for your blog posts. Fancy fonts and busy backgrounds can work against you. Keep things simple and use fonts that are easy to read; images should be an accent to your content, not the work of Picasso.
- Embed different content formats into your blog posts. Videos, podcasts, and infographics all offer site visitors variety while keeping them on your site longer. Not only will you be providing intriguing content, you’ll be improving your SEO at the same time.
You don’t need to be a professional blogger in order to generate content for your company. Following a few simple tips can make it easier to create compelling content without feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of business blogging. How many of the above-listed blogging tips for business owners will you be utilizing?